What is the church of Christ?
The church of Christ was established in the first century and is made up of believers in God, Christ, the Holy Spirit and followers of His word. The church was prophesied in the Old and New Testaments as the kingdom of God that would be established and reign eternally (Daniel 2:44; Isaiah 2:2-3; Mark 9:1).
The purpose of the church would be to make God's wisdom known to all mankind (Ephesians 3:10); glorify God (Ephesians 3:21); do good unto all men and show God's benevolence (Galatians 6:9-10); edify fellow believers (Hebrews 10:25); and preach the saving gospel to every creature (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Romans 1:16). Christ's church is also a community for fellowship among believers who share the common beliefs, faith and unity in Christ's blood (Acts 2:44ff; Ephesians 4:4-6). The church of Christ enjoys this fellowship with God, Jesus, and others of like precious faith (1 John 1:7).
Since there is but one way to God (John 14:6), Christ's church seeks to follow God's revealed path in the inspired words of the Bible. It is because of this purpose that we seek to speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent where the Bible is silent. We want to do all that we can to respect the inspired word of God as complete and authoritative in every facet of life.
What we believe ...
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16).
- We believe that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all mankind (Romans 5:6).
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe that if we follow the pattern established in Scripture for:
1) becoming a part of the church (Acts 2:38-47),
2) the work of the church (Matthew 28:18-20; Hebrews 10:25; Galatians 6:10) and
3) the worship of the church (John 4:24),
then we can be exactly what the members of the 1st century church were...Christians (Acts 11:26)
In all things, we rely solely on the Word of God to establish authority. We'll be glad to study with you as we seek answers to any question you may have.
What to expect ...
- Expect to be greeted and welcomed by a warm and friendly congregation.
- Expect Bible-based preaching and teaching on a variety of relevant topics.
- Expect a simple, Bible-based worship service to include:
a capella singing, praying, preaching, partaking of the Lord's supper and the collection of our free-will offering
We have Bible classes for all ages!
Learn about our leadership here.